VDI Infrastructure Engineer
The VDI Infrastructure Engineer (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) Architects, designs, configures, installs, and maintains the organization's Horizon Vmware VDI IT infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities.
- Handles complex issues and problems and works with the vendor on the most complex issues.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the Horizon Vmware VDI subject matter.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to other Infrastructure Engineers.
- Architect & design Horizon VMware VDI infrastructure to support new initiatives.
- Configure and install Horizon Vmware VDI infrastructure to support current and new initiatives.
- Implement application virtualization and coordinates testing with application owner teams.
- Creates, manages, and implements gold images/build packages and application packages for Vmware environment.
- Plan and maintain the VDI environment utilizing industry standard best practices.
- Provide VDI architectural planning and direction.
- Plan, organize, direct, and maintain infrastructure and documentation of VDI.
- Ensure high availability of the operation state of the VDI.
- Engage in capacity plan exercises to ensure adequate system resources.Maintain the organization's IT infrastructure.
- Configure, install, maintain, and provide support for critical software and hardware components.
- Monitor system availability and troubleshoots and resolves connectivity interruptions.
- Measure and improve performance and scalability.
- Help develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans.
- Responsible for basic management of storage solutions.
- Produce documentation for systems and procedures.Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
- Virus Management, assist in the day-to-day tasks critical patching, vulnerability remediation, meeting desired state and configurations.
- Must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift, or on-call schedules when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.