Vice President, Global Product Partnerships
Our esteemed client is seeking an exceptional leader to play a vital role in setting and driving the strategic direction of their organization's business development organization. Located in San Francisco and reporting to the CFO, the Vice President of Global Product Partnerships holds a visible internal and external role with immediate impact on growth and commercial strategy, overseeing Business Development and Syndication. Focused on complex relationships that generate revenue and represent significant resources with the largest technology companies in the world, this executive has the opportunity to lead a high functioning global team during a period of rapid growth and investment
The mandate for this role includes global ownership for developing, implementing and executing a targeted business development strategy in support of our client's objectives. The successful candidate will be a seasoned deal maker and recognized industry expert with a deep understanding of market and competitive trends. A “hands-on” leader, they will be expected to play an active role in defining, negotiating, and closing the largest deals and relationships across the company’s disciplines, from growing our audience, to revenue generating partnerships and investing our resources to complement internal development with external technology and products. Additionally, the VP will manage and develop a global team working with our partners in local markets
- Define the strategy to identify, drive, and execute on global partnerships.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with and serve as a trusted advisor to Product, Sales, Marketing, and Legal leadership.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of seasoned successful business development professionals around the globe.
- Set the strategy and priorities for the team, ensuring the strategy is aligned with product and marketing leadership across the client's organization.
- Represent as a public facing thought leader.
- 10+ years of business development experience. Ideally gained in a global social media or consumer internet company.
- An analytical and strategic thinker with a passion for and successful track record of sourcing and negotiating large complex deals.
- Experience managing a large globally distributed team and building a shared vision and culture of cohesion across an international workforce.
- Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak fluently to executives, business development leaders, product managers, lawyers, and engineers.
- Humility while still possessing fortitude, creativity, influence, people instincts, and the ability to be both operational and strategic.
- Knowledge of mobile and Internet products and technologies; well-developed product sensibility and experience leading creative discussions regarding potentially
innovative, unique and engaging content and product offerings.
- A stellar industry reputation combined with a rigorous focus on what will serve Twitter best rather than the personal limelight.
- Unimpeachable ethics and judgment.